Few things smell better than coconut and rose so let’s combine them, shall we? In this Kitchen Beautician DIY, we’re making a “Spring Time Scrub” to help you exfoliate and get your skin super soft for the coming summer months. Bathing suit season is just around the corner and nobody wants to be the ashy girl! Here’s my new favorite way to get rid of dry skin caused by winter dryness:
You’ll need: a mason jar, coconut oil, raw cane sugar, almond or jojoba oil and one fragrant rose (here I used sterling silver roses because they’re my favorite AND they’re one of the most fragrant roses ever.)
- Use a small mason jar or any clear jar with a lid. I got mine at Smart & Final. You can also buy them online if you can’t find them in the store. These ones are about $11 for a dozen, so they’re under a dollar each!
- Start by putting a large scoop of coconut oil in the bottom of the jar. You can get coconut oil at any health food store or major supermarket. It’s an “oil” but at room temp it’s more like a butter consistency and has a white paste-y texture.
- Next, pluck your rose petals and put them into the jar on top of the coconut oil.
- Add your raw sugar. If you can’t find raw cane sugar, brown sugar is a great option! The coarser the better.
- Add your almond or jojoba oil on top of the sugar. I like jojoba oil best, which you can also find at health food stores or vitamin stores, because it’s the closest thing to our own natural oil and it absorbs really nicely into the skin. But almond oil is great too because it doesn’t take away from the scent in this jar.
- Wait a minute for your oil to seep down to the flower petals and then top it off with a little more almond or jojoba oil. Last but not least, put your lid on and let it sit so the oils can soak into the flower petals.
NOTE: all measurements are subject to the size of your jar. I broke it up into thirds– in other words, everything should be equal parts and each layer should take up 1/3 of the jar.
Tags: almond oil, body scrub, DIY, do it yourself, exfoliate, gift, home, homemade, how to, jar, jojoba oil, kitchen, kitchen beautician, mason jar, oil, recipe, recipes, rose, scrub, spring time scrub, sterling silver rose, sugar, weekendspiration