Homemade Floor Cleaner
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup alcohol
- 2-3 drops dish soap (Castile, Dawn, etc.)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Fine-mist spray bottle – 24oz
- Add all ingredients to spray bottle and shake to combine.
- Sweep/vacuum the floor.
- Spray cleaner on the floor.
- Wipe up with a microfiber cloth.
A note on fabric softeners and microfiber:
Never use fabric softeners or dryer sheets when washing your microfiber cloths because they’ll affect their ability to absorb liquids properly. I don’t use either of these products on any of our laundry anyways; instead, I just use some vinegar in the rinse cycle to keep our laundry fresh and soft.