Buttoned Up Snowman
Make a whimsical snowman ornament, all bundled up, with Americana Gloss Enamels.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
DAG01 - White
DAG67 - Black
DAG227 - Bright Yellow
DAG265 - Tuscan Red
DAS9 - Snow-Tex
2" Styrofoam ball
#0 liner brush
Palette or plastic plate
Length of ribbon of your choice, green
Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
Tracing and light transfer paper
Pen or stylus
1. Remove cap from ornament. Press Styrofoam ball over ornament neck. Remove Styrofoam ball and fill indentation with glue. Immediately press ball over ornament neck to secure.
2. Use fan brush and Snow-Tex to cover snowman completely. Let dry.
3. Mix small amount of Tuscan Red with White to make pink. Brush mix on face for cheeks.
4. Use brush handle end and Black to dot on eyes and mouth.
5. Mix Bright Yellow and Tuscan Red to make orange. Use liner brush and mix to paint carrot nose.
6. Assembly: Press cap into top of head until even with surface. Tie ribbon of your choice around neck for scarf. Position and adhere buttons on snowman body.