I love these, I keep saying I am going to start making these to sell
so you can always order these from me because I make them and I love making jewelry
12” of 14 or 16 gauge wire (14 works best for me) you can also use Copper Wire too
Gemstone chips or other small beads
Flat nose pliers
Round nose pliers
Bracelet mandrel or pill bottle to make the round frame
wire cutters ruler
1. Gather supplies as noted above.
3. Cut the shortest wire off at the twists.
4. Straighten the long wire.
5.Wrap the long wire around your round nose pliers to create a loop. This will be your bail.
6.Continue wrapping the wire around the previous twists to secure.
7. Cut the wire at the twists and flatten the sharp edge with your flat nose pliers tight against the other twists.
8. Cut 8 pieces of 26 gauge wire at 6”.
9. Separate the wires into two groups of 4 and twist them together leaving about an inch or more (mine was about an inch and a half) at the bottom. wire 6 separate wires groups 4 twist leaving inch inch
10. Measure your twisted wire against your frame to determine how high you want your tree trunk to be and adjust as necessary.
11. Wrap the bottom wires around the frame at the bottom center about 3 or 4 times. Cut them at the back and tighten them against the frame.
12. Spread your top branch wires and starting on one side add your beads.
13. When the wire has been filled with beads, wrap it around the frame to secure. Keep this wire nice and tight. Cut the wire at the back (see picture 16) and flatten it against the frame with your flat nose pliers.
14. Continue adding beads to your wires. As you can see I have twisted some of my wire branches together for a little added interest.
15. Close up of wrapping the wire around the frame.
16. Close up of cutting the wire at the back of the frame.
17. Finished pendant.
18. Arrange your branches to your satisfaction and your done.
There are so many other variations but I found this one to be simple for beginners.
I just love these, I have been meaning to make some for awhile now